Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ode to Grandma







































Grandma has been transferred to a nursing home today, this is my ode to her. This is a rather sad time. After the death of my Grandfather my parents have moved her east. It has been hard for her as she has Alzheimer's. I had the pleasure to look through the portion of her jewelry collection that came east. I didn't realize that she had such a grand love of jewelry. I would even say that she has a passion for it after seeing this small part of her collection. I felt like I was five years old again looking in her box. I am amazed at how eclectic her tastes are. I feel closer to her looking into this intimate part of any women's life, her jewelry box. I have to give some credit to my Grandfather who had given her a large amount of her jewelry to her. I am going to visit her tomorrow for the fist time and I am hoping that she will know me. Once she gets settled into her new home I will bring my amazing partner, Steve and my son, Quinn to meet her. I can not wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment