Monday, April 16, 2012

Speaking

Over the weekend I was at the Art All State artist orientation. It was great, for the most part. I loved getting together with other artists, talking and working. Very inspiring.
The part that I did not care for, was the speaking in front of the group. This is something that we all had in common for the most part. I was anxious to meet new people anyways, then having to get up in the front of the room and speak about my work was terrifying. If I had thought about it more in depth before I might have had notes to follow. I got up there and froze, my mind went blank. I felt so exposed, maybe it might have been better had I been sitting down. I don't know. But what I do know is that it will get easier each time. And to bring notes with me in case I freeze again and can not think. There was great questions they want us to cover in our talks. I will try to answer each one on the blog this week. I will make sure to practice my answers before I have to speak in front of all the students in June. I will be amazing this time ( or at least much better).

No comments:

Post a Comment