Thursday, February 21, 2013

Back in the Studio - New Work


Being back in the studio is a great feeling. We went on a trip to Canada to visit family, it was great and refreshing. I feel newly inspired, we went o see Niagara Falls and I have forgotten how amazing it is. 
 This piece is a small pendant that I created today. The top piece is a sterling silver hollow form with this fantastic texture. I made the texture by using vintage lace and a rolling mill. It came our better then I had thought it would. The bottom is a small piece of my grandmothers blue willow plates. It has been set in a sterling silver bezel. I love this piece.
This piece turned out amazing!! It has a sterling silver hollow form pendant with cut lines that have been oxidized. The beads are lava and hammered quartz. The textures in the piece a phenomenal! It is about 18inch in length and hangs beautifully. I bought the lava beads a local bead store called Chevere the place to bead.
Again it is great to be back and to have made these two fabulous pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment